21 Jan '15, 4pm

Microsemi & Intrinsic-ID Team To Offer Extreme-Security FPGAs & Systems | EE Times via @eetimes

Microsemi & Intrinsic-ID Team To Offer Extreme-Security FPGAs & Systems | EE Times via @eetimes

The PUF in Microsemi’s SmartFusion2 and IGLOO2 devices is an SRAM memory-type PUF, which is licensed from Intrinsic-ID. The Microsemi PUF uses a 16 Kbit on-chip dedicated SRAM, which is in its own power domain. At the heart of each cell in the memory are two back-to-back (cross-coupled) inverters. When the SRAM is powered up, each bit theoretically has a 50:50 chance of ending up containing a logical zero or a one. In practice, however, minute variations in variables that are "baked into the device" -- like differences in the diffusions and photolithography for the two inverters -- mean that approximately 95% of the bits will consistently power up in the same state (a zero for some bits, a one for others) for each power cycle, while the remaining 5% "noisy bits" are so finally balanced that they will randomly power up in either state due to effects like thermal noise.

Full article: http://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1325360

Tweets

Electronic Spine Cures Paralysis | EE Times via @eetimes

Electronic Spine Cures Paralysis | EE Times via...

eetimes.com 19 Jan '15, 7pm

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Spinal cord injuries typically cause paralysis that can seldom be cured, but some scientists in Switzerla...

MEMS Group Targets #IoT | EE Times via @eetimes

MEMS Group Targets #IoT | EE Times via @eetimes

eetimes.com 20 Jan '15, 12am

SAN FRANCSICO -- Attend any industry event and you can sense a fast growing interest in accelerometers, pressure sensors, ...

Drones and Wearables App Store Launches; "the Ubuntu Core" | EE Times via @eetimes #IoT

Drones and Wearables App Store Launches; "the U...

eetimes.com 20 Jan '15, 2pm

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The world's first App Store for the Internet of Things (IoT) was announced today by Canonical Ltd. (Doug...